What is included in Window Ac Uninstallation?
The important steps involved in window AC uninstall are:
- Window AC unit is un-plugged : To start window AC uninstallation, the AC unit is turned off and unplugged from the power outlet.
- Insulation and padding are removed : After the AC unit it is unplugged insulation like foam paddings pressed against the sides of the device are removed.
- Front cover and air filter are removed : After the AC unit has been unplugged the front cover of window AC is removed. Most front covers of window AC can be removed without the help of any tool, but some require use of screwdriver.
- Inner unit is removed from outer case: Now the inner unit of window AC is removed from the outer case. The inner unit can be pulled out of the case easily using some physical strength. Window AC is heavy and requires 2 people for uninstallation.
- Outer unit is unscrewed from window: After the inner unit is removed, the outer case is unscrewed from the window unit using screwdriver.
What is included in Split AC uninstallation?
- Before uninstalling a split AC, power supply is turned off. It is advised to put a bucket or try underneath the inner unit to catch coolant or water spill.
- Copper pipes and wires that connect the inner unit of split AC to the wall are unscrewed.
- It is good to remove the coolant before uninstallation of split AC.
- The uninstalled split AC, connecting copper pies and cables are kept on a plastic sheet spread on floor.
Important guidelines for AC uninstallation:
- It is good to remove the coolant before uninstallation of AC.
- It is advised to put a bucket or try underneath the inner unit to catch coolant or water spill.
- Both window AC and split AC are heavy and must be uninstalled by 2 people.